Wednesday 19 May 2010

Today one demo and the written exam

Wednesday;
Chef Clergue is back from his ‘Down Under’ tour. He visited Adelaide and LCB Sydney. Chef was away for 3 weeks, and I kind of missed him in class. I missed his wine advice and his excellent demos. And in the practicals he’d give you lots of great advice,
unlike our always computer playing and shouting ‘mon ami, vous etes bien’ chef T. from Intermediate cuisine.

Today’s demo was about oysters, served hot or cold, a veal chop dish ‘en cocotte’- in a cast iron pot - (served pink) with a nice colourful vegetable mix and for dessert a cake with some soft chocolate inside. All nicely presented at the end of the demo.
Well, I’m studying again this early afternoon. I have a few hours off, before we start on our written exam at 15.30. That’s all about (6) ingredient lists, background information of setting up a restaurant business and all the terms and information the chefs gave us in class. Shouldn’t be that difficult.... I hope....

A demain! Sj

PS: update 23.30 hrs; I think I did sort of OK for the exam. Something has changed at LCB: the new director was keeping an eye on things during the exam, like a hawk - no cheating any more or... well, you get it ! We even had to change into our FULL uniform, including the safety shoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment