Sunday 25 July 2010

New job !

I HAVE A JOB !!!

As of the 1st August, I've been offered a (paid !) job at a very nice restaurant in Amsterdam. Please have a look at (fish) Restaurant Bridges. It is located along one of the canals in the city centre. The restaurant is part of the Sofitel hotel group, and is based in the Grand Hotel in Amsterdam.
I had a job interview last Wednesday, and chef offered me a trial-day in their kitchen. I did that last Friday on the 12 hour shift from 11.00 - 23.00 .... my, what was I tired after that. But I loved every minute of it.
Chef made me work on the oysters, amuse bouche, peeling veggies like peas/carrot/cucumber/daikon, slicing the scallops, preparing sous vide chicken dish, deep frying some Renkon/Lotus root slices, cleaning/slicing mackerel and much more. Looking back now, I was quite surprised what chef allowed me to do on such a trial day and at the end of the evening I was offered a job to work in their kitchen. Details will be filled in next week.
It will probably be a schedule of 4 working days and then 3 days off. 12 hours a day in the kitchen.....

Please also have a look at their menu; It looks super and they work with high quality products - especially the fish. The restaurant received great reviews in the papers (in Dutch), magazines and websites.
I'm very excited about this next step in my life. And thank you all for your support !

Sjoerd (no chef - yet! ha,ha.)
Update Thursday 29th July; starting this Sunday, 1st August. Really looking forward to it!

2 comments:

  1. Wow, well done!! Gefeliciteerd. Ik bel je van de week. Ben benieuwd naar alle details!
    Groeten,
    Mirjam

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations!!!!!! I hope you write about it:)

    ReplyDelete